This dish brings together the hearty flavours of Pine Nuts, Bone Marrow and Roasted Tomatoes.
Pine Nut Pudding:
Basil Chilli Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Bone Marrow, season 4 portions of marrow with salt and pepper and place onto medium shallow tray. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- For the Roasted Tomato, place the oil, garlic and salt into a medium bowl. Add the tomatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Place the tomatoes onto a lined oven tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150C.
- Cook the marrow in the oven for a further 20 minutes and the tomatoes for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, scoop out the marrow from the remaining bones. Dice and place into a small frypan. Place over a low heat until golden and the fat has rendered out. Transfer the marrow onto a tray and cook in the oven to dry, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For the Pine Nut Pudding, place pine nuts onto a small tray and cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish.
- Wrap the garlic cloves in a square of foil and cook in the oven until soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Squeeze the garlic flesh into a blender.
- Place the remaining pine nuts and the milk into a small saucepan, cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pine nuts to the blender and process, adding enough of the hot milk to form a smooth thick puree. Season with vinegar, salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- For the Basil Chilli Sauce, place a sieve over a small bowl. Squeeze the tomato firmly over the sieve and reserve the juice. Transfer the juice to the bowl of a small food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the basil is finely chopped. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon the Pine Nut Pudding onto the side of each serving plate and use the back of a spoon to spread out slightly. Top with some Basil Chill Sauce and Roasted Tomatoes. Sprinkle with dried bone marrow, basil leaves and reserved pine nuts. Add the roasted Bone Marrow to each plate.