This chutney is great with my eggplant and tomato curry but also delish with some flatbread as a snack or starter.
½ cup shredded coconut
3 sprigs of coriander
3 long green chillies
juice of ½ lime
- Toast half the coconut in a dry pan until light brown.
- Dice the chillies and coriander roughly into 1 cm pieces.
- Place in mortar and pestle or a blender and pound until it’s a textured paste, not perfectly smooth.
- Add to toasted coconut and un-toasted coconut.
- Season with salt lime juice and sugar to your taste.